WOW! This is an amazing site of interactive tools, lesson plans and resources for you and your students. It is a search engine connected to 8 different teacher resource sites like Read, Write, Think and National Geographic. This is awesome and free! Link is below. No username or password is needed.
This a great resource for yourself and your students. It is a site of technolgy tutorials. If you have a question about how to do something or use a program, this site will more than likely have a tutorial for it. The link is below.
User Name: your full e-mail address
Password: atomic (you can change this after you log in if you would like.)
This is a site that will let you record your voice and then save it as an MP3 file so that you can play it on MP3 players or add it to a presentation. When you go to the link, you will have to download the program, but it is free and extremely easy to use! Link below!
Great resource for your kids to do research. It includes sites that are interactive and informative. It even includes Brain Pop and Brain Pop JR. It is kid safe, so they can search without you having to worry about it.
Username: your e-mail
Password: changeme (unless you have already changed it!)
Kid's username: lansd
Kid's Password: 12345
Ideas for your Higher Level Students
1. Have them do research on NetTrekker or Thinkfinity and have them to create a power point or game that they can present to the class for review. (If you have an ischool page, their presentation can be added to your page!)
2. Do a digital story of their writing.
3. Use Flip Cameras to record reader's theater and create a video in movie maker of the class' reading.
4. Create a classroom newsletter publshed by the students. They are using Publisher while enhancing their writing skills.
5. Use the Flip cameras to interview individuals about a specific topic. They can writie the interview questions and use the technology to create the movie. It can even be put into a power point if they make one.
6. Reality money/business games. See below.